Federal Military Claims

Federal Military Claims

The Unemployment Compensation for Ex-servicemembers (UCX) program provides benefits for eligible ex-military personnel. In addition, former members of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps are covered under the UCX program.

If you had military employment within the last 18 months, the wages you earned during that period may be used to establish a claim for unemployment benefits. You may file a claim for unemployment insurance benefits by calling 601-493-9427. You will be asked to provide the Member 4 copy of your DD214.

To file for unemployment insurance benefits, you should have the following information available before beginning:
A state issued driver’s license or identification card
Your social security number
The name and address of each employer you worked with during the past 18 months, the begin and end dates worked with each and the reason for separation from each employer
Check stubs showing year-to-date earnings from each employer you worked with in the past 18 months
If you were separated from military employment in the past 18 months, a DD-214 Member 4 form
If you were separated from federal employment in the past 18 months, an SF50 Notice of Personnel Action form or SF8 form
An alien registration number or Visa number if you are not a U.S. Citizen

You will need to register for employment services at the nearest WIN Job Center if you have not done so already. Our staff can assist you with job search process, training and other career needs.

Click here for more information visit U. S. Department of Labor.